lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject C90 vs C99
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:27:48 GMT
I seem to recall a recent move from C90 to C99 compliance (or was it the
reverse?) as part of a Win32 compatibility change. (I could have the details
wrong; memory is fuzzy.)

In any case, I've seen a couple instances lately of this kind of error:

../core/KinoSearch/Util/SortExternal.c: In function `S_find_endpost':
../core/KinoSearch/Util/SortExternal.c:194: error: 'for' loop initial
declaration used outside C99 mode
error building ../core/KinoSearch/Util/SortExternal.o from
'../core/KinoSearch/Util/SortExternal.c'

I fixed one such issue in KS r5678, and now I see the one above. Which makes me
wonder: what standard are we aiming for, and do we need to be telling the
compiler that?