lucy-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>
Subject Re: [Lucy] Threads, revisited
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 03:50:07 GMT
Marvin Humphrey wrote on 1/5/10 9:28 PM:
>  There are still a couple of TODO items:
>
>   * JSON::XS is not thread safe, and we need to replace it with our own custom
>     JSON parsing module.

isn't that necessary anyway for non-Perl host languages?

Is there enough C in JSON::XS we could borrow as a starting point?
Or, is the MIT license compatible with the Apache license, making it possible to
use something like http://oss.metaparadigm.com/json-c/ ?

Just seems like there should be a standalone, Apache-friendly JSON reader/writer
available in C.

>   * Lucy->error must be made into a thread local and tested as such.
>
> Nevertheless, we are close to being able to advertise basic support for
> threads.
>
> In my opinion, we should stop there.

++