lucy-dev mailing list archives

From "David Balmain" <dbalmain...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code?
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 05:03:27 GMT
On 8/23/06, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:

> On Aug 22, 2006, at 6:26 PM, Brian McCallister wrote:
>
> > Any code incoming for lucy?
>
> There has been a pause for a while because Dave and I both have had
> sick amounts of commitments smack us in the face and Doug's been
> incommunicado.  Also, my work situation has destabilized as my main
> gig seems as though it may dry up and so I have to go looking.
>
> It's been funny, I've now got some people who have paid to sponsor
> features and expedited bug fixes on KinoSearch, and I haven't wanted
> to turn them away -- but that sucked what little time I had over the
> last month away from Lucy.  On some level, these were problems that
> we would have had to solve later in Lucy anyway and the dry run is
> useful.  But we aren't yet to the point where we have a functional
> product and can pool our resources as planned.  :(
>
> I've been able to work some on Charmonizer, and hopefully I'll be
> able to supply that code soon.

I'm in a very similar situation. I'm now a month and a half overdue on
a contract I'm working on and I'm burning the candle at both ends.
It's all coming to a close soon though so hopefully I'll have some
time to get started soon. When we finally do have some time I imagine
the code will be coming in pretty quickly.

Cheers,
Dave