lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: State / Future of the Lucene.Net Project
Date Tue, 29 May 2018 13:17:34 GMT
On 2018-05-28, João Prado wrote:

> I can contribute for the project sparing 2-4 hours every week to it.

> What I need to know is what to do and where.

I think you should start by subscribing to the dev list and discuss over
there. Usually I'd say look through the tickets to find something that
tickles your interest and start working on it.

I'm aware Lucene.Net is a bigger code base that may be intimidating, I'm
not sure there is some guide that will help you getting up to speed. The
CONTRIBUTING file in master at least provides some hints.

Be aware this is a true open source project. Nobody is going to tell you
what you are supposed to work on, you pick your poison. Likewise don't
expect anybody else to do anything unless they've volunteered.

Stefan