lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Chris.Hill <ch...@tooled-up.com>
Subject Use of synonyms or thesaurus
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 12:09:23 GMT
I have been trialling Lucene.net search as a replacement for SQL Full Text. What is the best
way to go about replicating the SQL Thesaurus facility in Lucene - we currently use both expansion
and replacement sets in our SQL Thesaurus for both single words and short phrases.

We have a few scenarios such as where something can be known by similar but slightly differently
spelled terms - e.g. :

lawnmower
lawn mower

Or also by slightly more differing terms - e.g. :

cordless drill
cordless combi
combi drill

Our data contains lots of names of items that can be known as several other things so this
facility for synonyms is very important.

Thanks.