lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From George Kinsman <geo...@georgekinsman.com>
Subject Lucene Indexing Question
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:58:36 GMT
Hi there,

I think Lucene.net might be a good fit for my current problem, but I can't quite work out
how I'm going to make it work.

I have a field on my document that will contain multiple tags where each tag will have a numeric
value with it, e.g. ['soap-5', 'sand-10', 'sunshine-14']. The value contained in the tag will
represent its weight when ranked for queries, with the idea that a query of 'soap sand' would
return a score of 15, and would be ranked above a document with just ['soap-5'].

I recently discovered function queries which I think would solve the problem quite nicely,
except that splitting each of those strings at query-time would create a lot of memory pressure.
I can't help but think there might be a better index-time approach to this. Could I perhaps
write a custom analyzer that tokenises each of my tags and stores a score somewhere? I don't
think this is quite faceted search, because I'm not filtering - it's just ranking.

Any tips or guidance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

George Kinsman