lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Itamar Syn-Hershko <ita...@code972.com>
Subject Re: Usage of MemoryIndex
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 09:18:04 GMT
RAMIndex would be more appropriate, yes, although on-disk indexes will also
perform fairly well

MemoryIndex is a single-document index, used mostly for alerting-type
usages where you want to check thousands or more of queries against a
single document. See
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_8_0/memory/org/apache/lucene/index/memory/MemoryIndex.html

For auto-complete you should also look at the suggesters package here
https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/tree/master/src/Lucene.Net.Suggest/Suggest

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant