lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: Lucene.net
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2017 04:39:39 GMT
> We need Lucene.net.contrib.highlighter for showing search fragments as google shows it.
Is this module not finished yet?

Highlighter is ported, but parts of it are not yet functioning because we don't yet have an
exact equivalent for the BreakIterator in the JDK. However, the part of it that is equivalent
to Lucene.Net 3.0.3's Contrib project (Highlight) is 100% functional. Highlighter is available
on this branch:  https://github.com/NightOwl888/lucenenet/tree/netcoremigration-highlighter

> Lucene.Net.Contrib.Memory -> is this Lucene.Net.Memory in version 4.8?

Yes, they are equivalent.

> Lucene.Net.Contrib.SimpleFacetedSearch -> is this Lucene.Net.Facet in version 4.8?

AFAIK, these are not exactly the same thing. Lucene.Net.Facet is more advanced and will require
some rework to integrate with.

That said, the Lucene.Net API is still not yet stable. So if you integrate this into your
project now, be prepared to do rework later when the API changes. If you want to avoid most
of this rework, I suggest you wait until there is a pre-release available on NuGet.

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug (NightOwl888)