lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Monica Black <ml_bl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Lucene.Net 4.8 Directory question
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2016 17:34:22 GMT
Hi Lucene Devs.
I am using Lucene again after many years for data caching in an application where we didn't
want a lot of components to install.  It's really quite perfect for this.
The question I have is how best to approach the use of directories, indices, and searchers.
My cache is structured with a Lucene cache per subdirectory (lowest leaves only) like so:-Address
Type 1----AK----AL----AR.....
-Address Type 2----AK----AL----AR.....
and so on for each US State.
The bad thing about this type of cache breakdown is that I need one FSDirectory for each of
two address types per US State--that's a lot of FSDirectories.  I notice the FSDirectory is
very slow to open.
This will be a library called from another application, so I have no way to know how many
queries the application would need per cache.  What do you suggest to avoid this slow opening
of FSDirectory over and over?
Thanks,Monica