lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From "Bowles, Mickey" <Mickey.Bow...@AftonChemical.com>
Subject RE: Jumping back in.
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 18:55:27 GMT
First pass, I would say take a look at RavenDB.   Great NoSql solution that uses Lucene internally.

-----Original Message-----
From: William Morgenweck [mailto:morgenweck@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 10:02 AM
To: user@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: Jumping back in.

To all,

I'm looking for a little direction.  I've been a member of the Lucene.Net group for many years
(all most 15+?) but never used it at the level that I'm hoping to do so now.  I can still
remember the caricature of Dan where the code was originally kept. In the past I've indexed
some data from a MS SQL database and used the search function just to keep my fingers in it.
 I work for a Cancer Center and now we want to do a Non-Profit Commercial quality / Enterprise
level application (meaning bullet proof) that indexes NIH grant announcements  such as:
(http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PAR-16-393.html), there will be over a 1000 pages/files
at a  time all with individual url's.  I either want to create a web bot or create a process
that I pass the url and index the page or download, save and process the file locally.  I
have a process that saves the file locally, also a process that takes many of the searchable
elements of the document and saves it as a JSON object locally.  I'm looking for opinions
about what direction I should take and maybe point me in the direction to some sample code,
I'm even open to using a No SQL database if that will be the best long time solution.  Also
should I use 3.0.3 RC2 or Beta 4.8.  I don't have a lot of time to do trial and error checking
for each area and was hoping for the input of some of the readers since you folks have enormously
more expertise than I do using Lucene.Net but hopefully I can give it a little exposure to
governmental agencies and Cancer Center across the United States.

If this question should be directed more to Stack Overflow just let me know.

Thanks

Bill