lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From "Bowles, Mickey" <Mickey.Bow...@AftonChemical.com>
Subject Searching on analyed fields with a number as a string
Date Fri, 20 May 2016 13:12:07 GMT
I need to use the MultiFieldQueryParser to look through 82 fields during a search.  Everything
runs well with a few sminor exceptions.  One large exception, though, is a Field called Type
which housed an Enum's int value as a string.  If we query like so "Type:5"  we get no results,
although there are plenty of them as seen in the result from other searches.

Is there a way to search on a field in that format?  We have 9 "Types" and would like to do
things like:

Query string = "joe smith and Type:5 and Type:6"

Thanks,

Mickey