lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Bart Czernicki <Bartosz.Czerni...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Next sync release Lucene.net
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 14:00:40 GMT
There definitely is a need for local in-process search technology that is not REST based.
.NET developers have plenty of options there: Solr, ElasticSearch, Azure Search (on MSFT cloud).
 The network latency, https protocol and serialization/deserialization together are never
going to be faster than in-process search.

Lucene 4.x has some great improvements in search and faceting that would be great to have.
 I see this request come up a lot.

[Image]<http://azure.microsoft.com/>

  Bart Czernicki
  Cloud Solution Architect | Azure SaaS ISV Solutions
  609.519.2060 | baczerni@microsoft.com<mailto:baczerni@microsoft.com> | Why Azure?<http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/overview/case-studies/>

From: Michael D Gorsich [mailto:gorsichm@dteenergy.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 8:50 AM
To: user@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: Re: Next sync release Lucene.net

Could it be it works so well there just isn't much broad-based need for change? Don't the
newer changes to Lucene tend to cover more specialized needs, with correspondingly fewer developers
willing to work on it, or needing the functions?

I know for our org's needs Lucene 3.0.3 seems perfect as-is.

Michael Gorsich
Senior Developer, DTE Energy - ITS
[cid:1__=0ABBF5D5DFD8ED398f9e8a93df@dteenergy.com]734.586.1531 (Fermi 2)
[cid:2__=0ABBF5D5DFD8ED398f9e8a93df@dteenergy.com]gorsichm@dteenergy.com<mailto:gorsichm@dteenergy.com>

[Inactive hide details for "Michael O'Shea" ---2016.01.26 08:28:28---I managed to integrate
Lucene.Net into a content post-proce]"Michael O'Shea" ---2016.01.26 08:28:28---I managed to
integrate Lucene.Net into a content post-processing system on an Azure worker process.