lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Shad Storhaug <s...@shadstorhaug.com>
Subject RE: Next sync release Lucene.net
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 18:11:51 GMT
@Bart Czernicki

If you need better faceting support now, I have done a port of the Bobo-Browse faceted search
engine that is compatible with (and built on top of) Lucene.Net 3.0.3. Not to mention, I would
be happy to port the latest corresponding version of Bobo-Browse when Lucene.Net 4.8 is finally
released.

GitHub: https://github.com/NightOwl888/BoboBrowse.Net

NuGet: https://www.nuget.org/packages/BoboBrowse.Net

Thanks,

Shad Storhaug (aka NightOwl888)

From: Bart Czernicki [mailto:Bartosz.Czernicki@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:01 PM
To: user@lucenenet.apache.org
Subject: RE: Next sync release Lucene.net

There definitely is a need for local in-process search technology that is not REST based.
 .NET developers have plenty of options there: Solr, ElasticSearch, Azure Search (on MSFT
cloud).  The network latency, https protocol and serialization/deserialization together are
never going to be faster than in-process search.

Lucene 4.x has some great improvements in search and faceting that would be great to have.
 I see this request come up a lot.

[Image]<http://azure.microsoft.com/>

  Bart Czernicki
  Cloud Solution Architect | Azure SaaS ISV Solutions
  609.519.2060 | baczerni@microsoft.com<mailto:baczerni@microsoft.com> | Why Azure?<http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/overview/case-studies/>