lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Simon Svensson <si...@devhost.se>
Subject Re: Source not in solution
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 05:51:28 GMT
Hi,

There are several _usable_ branches, but there's no stable branches
beyond 3.0.3. There is, however, [a open pull-request][1] for the 3.0.3
branch that, from the looks of it, removes some exceptions from the
query parser functionality.

// Simon

[1]: https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/131

On 07/11/15 12:57, Kent Boogaart wrote:
> Thanks Simon.
>
> So, just to be clear, there are no usable branches of Lucene.NET post 3.0.x? I was assuming
there was something usable because of this post: http://stackoverflow.com/a/24897255/1228288,
wherein Peter Bailey says be has used a later build to avoid the spurious exceptions I mentioned
in point #1.

> Assuming there is nothing post 3.0.x I can use, my recourse here will be to simply use
the project as is and debug it to try to determine why I’m getting the second issue. I can
live with the first-chance exceptions, but the second issue is a blocker.

> FWIW, the changes I needed to make to the core project to get it to build for iOS were
all to do with AppSettings, because ConfigurationManager simply doesn’t exist. Consequently,
there are some knock-on changes to Contants.cs and StringHelper.cs. One other thing I had
to do when I was using that project was to manually add the snowball analyzer in, since it
was omitted.

> Cheers,
> Kent
>
>> On 7 Nov 2015, at 6:12 PM, Simon Svensson <sisve@devhost.se> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Kent,
>>
>> Based on the core/Util/Version.cs of chrigu-ebert/Xamarin-Lucene, it's
>> version 3.0.x. The latest stable version of Lucene.Net <http://lucene.net/>
is 3.0.3, so his
>> sources seem correct. (I have, however, issues with his non-documented
>> approach to modifying the source code. Are these changes that perhaps
>> could go back to the real Lucene.Net <http://lucene.net/> source?)
>>
>> There are no newer stable code for you to use. I presume you tried the
>> master branch of apache/lucenenet, but it's currently an in-progress
>> port of Lucene 4.8 and is in no ways complete.
>>
>> The MultiFieldQueryParser (and the QueryParser) are not longer present
>> in the core, but moved to the [java-package
>> org.apache.lucene.queryparser.classic][1]. This means that we'll have in
>> a separate project once it's ported, but there is to timeline for that.
>>
>> // Simon
>>
>> [1]:
>> https://lucene.apache.org/core/4_8_1/queryparser/org/apache/lucene/queryparser/classic/package-summary.html
<https://lucene.apache.org/core/4_8_1/queryparser/org/apache/lucene/queryparser/classic/package-summary.html>

>> On 07/11/15 07:50, Kent Boogaart wrote:
>>> OK, I’ve changed tact. I’m instead building the Lucene.Net source
>>> whilst targeting Xamarin platforms.
>>>
>>> I can get the core project to build with a few minor changes.
>>> However, the Lucene.Net solution appears to be completely missing
>>> MultiFieldQueryParser. Where has this gone? Can anyone please
>>> enlighten me - I’m struggling to reconcile the state of this project
>>> against the Javadocs for Lucene itself (which shows that
>>> MultiFieldQueryParser is still a thing).
>>>
>>> Thanks, Kent

I have. Briefly, the two

>> My understanding is that later versions of Lucene.NET <http://lucene.net/>
>> <http://lucene.net/ <http://lucene.net/>> have addressed #1. By upgrading