lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Simon Svensson <si...@devhost.se>
Subject Re: Source not in solution
Date Sat, 07 Nov 2015 07:42:45 GMT
Hi Kent,

Based on the core/Util/Version.cs of chrigu-ebert/Xamarin-Lucene, it's
version 3.0.x. The latest stable version of Lucene.Net is 3.0.3, so his
sources seem correct. (I have, however, issues with his non-documented
approach to modifying the source code. Are these changes that perhaps
could go back to the real Lucene.Net source?)

There are no newer stable code for you to use. I presume you tried the
master branch of apache/lucenenet, but it's currently an in-progress
port of Lucene 4.8 and is in no ways complete.

The MultiFieldQueryParser (and the QueryParser) are not longer present
in the core, but moved to the [java-package
org.apache.lucene.queryparser.classic][1]. This means that we'll have in
a separate project once it's ported, but there is to timeline for that.

// Simon

[1]:
https://lucene.apache.org/core/4_8_1/queryparser/org/apache/lucene/queryparser/classic/package-summary.html

On 07/11/15 07:50, Kent Boogaart wrote:
> OK, I’ve changed tact. I’m instead building the Lucene.Net source
> whilst targeting Xamarin platforms.
>
> I can get the core project to build with a few minor changes.
> However, the Lucene.Net solution appears to be completely missing
> MultiFieldQueryParser. Where has this gone? Can anyone please
> enlighten me - I’m struggling to reconcile the state of this project
> against the Javadocs for Lucene itself (which shows that
> MultiFieldQueryParser is still a thing).
>
> Thanks, Kent
>
>> On 7 Nov 2015, at 11:06 AM, Kent Boogaart <kent.boogaart@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I’m using Lucene from a mobile app (using Xamarin) via this
>> project: https://github.com/chrigu-ebert/Xamarin-Lucene.Net
>> <https://github.com/chrigu-ebert/Xamarin-Lucene.Net>
>>
>> However, I would like to upgrade to a more recent Lucene.NET
>> <http://lucene.net/> to address two issues I have. Briefly, the two
>> issues I have are:
>>
>> 1. First-chance exceptions are raised on every search, such as
>> “IOException: read past eof” and “LookaheadSuccess: Error in the
>> application” 2. On a brand new install of my app, the first attempt
>> to search results in an exception: "System.IO.IOException: Invalid
>> handle to path
>> "/private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/EDDBC7B3-E54E-46CC-BC51-0CDE18A066F4/my.app/[Unknown]””

My understanding is that later versions of Lucene.NET
<http://lucene.net/> have addressed #1. By upgrading I hope to also
address #2, though even if I don’t I will be in a good position to look
deeper into the matter.