lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Kent Boogaart <kent.booga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Source not in solution
Date Sat, 07 Nov 2015 06:50:14 GMT
OK, I’ve changed tact. I’m instead building the Lucene.Net source whilst targeting Xamarin
platforms.

I can get the core project to build with a few minor changes. However, the Lucene.Net solution
appears to be completely missing MultiFieldQueryParser. Where has this gone? Can anyone please
enlighten me - I’m struggling to reconcile the state of this project against the Javadocs
for Lucene itself (which shows that MultiFieldQueryParser is still a thing).

Thanks,
Kent

> On 7 Nov 2015, at 11:06 AM, Kent Boogaart <kent.boogaart@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m using Lucene from a mobile app (using Xamarin) via this project: https://github.com/chrigu-ebert/Xamarin-Lucene.Net
<https://github.com/chrigu-ebert/Xamarin-Lucene.Net>

> However, I would like to upgrade to a more recent Lucene.NET <http://lucene.net/>
to address two issues I have. Briefly, the two issues I have are:

> 1. First-chance exceptions are raised on every search, such as “IOException: read past
eof” and “LookaheadSuccess: Error in the application”
> 2. On a brand new install of my app, the first attempt to search results in an exception:
"System.IO.IOException: Invalid handle to path "/private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/EDDBC7B3-E54E-46CC-BC51-0CDE18A066F4/my.app/[Unknown]””

> My understanding is that later versions of Lucene.NET <http://lucene.net/> have
addressed #1. By upgrading I hope to also address #2, though even if I don’t I will be in
a good position to look deeper into the matter.

> As a starting point, I forked the Xamarin Lucene.NET <http://lucene.net/> project,
cloned Lucene.NET <http://lucene.net/>, and wrote a little script to copy like-named
files from the Lucene.NET <http://lucene.net/> source to the Xamarin Lucene.NET <http://lucene.net/>
source. Catastrophe!

> It became evident that there are a lot of files in the Lucene.NET <http://lucene.net/>
code base that aren’t even part of the main solution. I’m trying to understand why this
is.

> An example of such a file is StopwordAnalyzerBase.cs. It resides under src\Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common\Analysis\Util,
so going by the readme it should be part of the core code base. However, it is not present
in the solution.