lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Ptsiridis <ptsiri...@nortech.gr>
Subject Lucene .NET Scoring Problem
Date Sat, 26 Sep 2015 14:54:18 GMT

I am developing a website using Kentico 8.2 CMS and i have a problem with the search results.
Kentico's Smart Search is based on Lucene .NET 3.0.3. To be more specific the problem is located
when i am searching a word using the (*) wildcard. For example if i search "mobil*" the results
are the expected but they are all rated as fully relevant and the sorting is based on some
other parameter. I have already used luke tool to investigate further and I have also contacted
Kentico but they told me that their CMS just returns the relevancy which is computed by Lucene
engine. Can you tell me why is this happening ? Lucene does not support sorting when searching
using a wildcard ? What can i do to fix it ?

Please check the attached screenshot 1 for reference.
Thank you for your time.