lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Robert Oschler <robert.osch...@gmail.com>
Subject Does the latest version of lucene.net contain the Lucene 4.0 speed improvements for fuzzy queries?
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2015 08:51:48 GMT
Hello,

Does the latest version of lucene.net contain the Lucene 4.0 speed
improvements for fuzzy queries?  If not, is there any way to get those
improvements?  I saw this experimental Lucene.net 4.0 branch on Apache.org,
but it seems to be inactive now and I don't know how stable it is:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene.net/branches/Lucene.Net_4e/

If so, what is the exact version of lucene.net I should be using to have
those improvements?

Also, I saw this post on using Azure blobs to speed up server side
processing:

https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsazure/Azure-Library-for-83562538

Are the improvements using this technique substantial enough to warrant
using it?  My "documents" are average sized sentences.  The index will
probably receive a few hundred new updates over the course of the day.
Over time, there could well be a hundred thousand sentences or so.

--
Thanks,
Robert Oschler