lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Simon Svensson <si...@devhost.se>
Subject Re: How to handle change to index definition?
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 12:09:36 GMT
Hi,

You'll need to reindex all those old documents, either using
IndexWriter.UpdateDocument for every document, or as you describe using
IndexWriter.DeleteAll and reindex everything. Do you need incremental
reindexing, or can you accept doing a complete reindex at once?

No matter how you do it your index will end up with a lot of documents
marked as deleted, and the new versions of those documents. The deleted
documents will not be returned by searches, but they occupy disk space.
They can be removed using IndexWriter.ExpungeDeletes, or you could
optimize your index which would also remove them.

// Simon