lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Itamar Syn-Hershko <ita...@code972.com>
Subject Re: Last failing tests remain to fix!
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 13:06:25 GMT
Status update:

We are down to about 20 failing tests (thanks Laimis!)

#1 + #2 are both fixed. Still more isolated tests left, and are up for
grabs.

I'm currently working on the Analysis.Common sub-project, as it is a
prerequisite for a release (we can't release core without a proper analysis
package).

Cheers,

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 10:07 AM, Itamar Syn-Hershko <itamar@code972.com>
wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> We are nearly there -- we are this close to a release!
>
> We have only about 30 failing tests now in the core, and I'd like to push
> hard during the next few days so we can get a beta out next week.
>
> I'd appreciate your help with this!
>
> I've narrowed down several failing tests that require some digging, if
> folks can assign those to themselves and send us PRs fixing those tests,
> that would help a lot!
>
> 1. Lucene.Net.Search.TestNumericRangeQuery32.TestInfiniteValues()
> and Lucene.Net.Search.TestNumericRangeQuery64.TestInfiniteValues() --
> specifically it seems like Double and Float NaNs are treated differently
> between C# and Java and therefore the failing tests. Or there is a bug in
> the inner implementation handling those queries.
>
> 2. TestLucene40DocValuesFormat has a few failing tests, probably exposing
> data corruption in one of the codec components. I believe this is contained
> in the 40DocValues tests so the scope isn't huge but I could be wrong.
>
> 3. TestLucene42DocValuesFormat has two tests failing with output of lines
> like "Fail: frozenHash=182658 vs h=5124052". Something is off in computing
> the hashes of the nodes, or maybe the node construction is faulty (which is
> a serious bug). Hashing is done in Lucene.Net.Fst.NodeHash<T>, that'll be a
> good starting point. Also see
> https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/commit/ea7cfe6972972f91090d995c729689fff9a0f54c
>
> 4. There seem to be some concurrency issues with file handling, probably
> on the part that is in charge of acquiring and releasing locks. In
> particular see TestDocValuesFormat,
> .TestShardSearching.TestSimple(), TestBufferedIndexInput.TestSetBufferSize(), TestLockFactory.TestStressLocks(),
TestLockFactory.TestStressLocksNativeFSLockFactory()