lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Itamar Syn-Hershko <ita...@code972.com>
Subject Re: Lucene.net vs Lucene with IKVM
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 12:47:45 GMT
It robs us of many optimization opportunities on the CLR. Java Lucene
compiled using IKVM will not perform as well as a native port. Think
async/await, BCL data structures, different GC considerations (LOH for
example), etc. There's also the issue of supporting PCL, Mono, Mobile and
Azure natively. Just to name a few.

I've had a chat with the lead developer of IKVM and promised to run an IKVM
version head to head with the native port once we are done.

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant