lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From "Lingam, ChandraMohan J" <chandramohan.j.lin...@intel.com>
Subject multiple values in a field
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 22:18:22 GMT
Let's say I have three fields in a document: ordernumber, product, quantity.

For every ordernumber, I can have several products and corresponding quantity.

ordernumber = 1
product = ['apple','banana','carrot']
quantity=[100,2000,35]

Would Lucene preserve the order in which values are added to a field within a document?  i.e.
apple will be first value, banana will be second and so forth?

In my tests, order is preserved and I am able to retrieve values back from a document in the
same order I added values to it.  But wanted to confirm if this is a guaranteed behavior.

Thx
Chandra