lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject Lucene.Net Updates
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2014 00:41:03 GMT
Hey All -

The PMC is trying to spur some community activity and reboot ourselves.

- We've been working hard on a 4.8 port (currently in master). Right now we have about 300
tests still failing for core Lucene.Net.
- A few people are working on getting us up and running in a CI environment
- We're slowly working through porting all of the Codecs
- Itamar Syn-Hershko (PMC / Committer with us) talks about full text search: http://code972.com/blog/2014/11/77-adding-search-to-your-applications-lucene-and-elasticsearch-on-net-rocks
- We are going to be working on updating our website and wiki with documentation about getting
involved, tutorials etc. (Troy Howard has agreed to start that process)

We could use some help:
- Porting help - core, codecs, contrib code.
- Help with documentation / tutorials, etc.
- Help with an updated website - something that is a bit simpler, off loading a lot to the
wiki.

Best,
~Prescott