lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From "Michael O'Shea" <michael.a.os...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SpanMultiTermQueryWrapper equivalent in C#
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2014 21:00:04 GMT
Prescott, I'll be more than happy to get going.

Before that however, I have to overcome the first hurdle. I completely
understand version control and GitHub's commands. What I have a problem
with is that I don't know how to join a GitHub project. The vast majority
of the online material are reference guides of the commands or how to start
my own repo. I want to join someone else's repo ! :-)

Right now, I have the GitHub client, I have added the Lucene.Net repo to it
and I'm able to browse branches and get the code.

What I do *not* understand is how to get up to speed. Branch 4x simply
doesn't build. Do I need to do something with the GitHub client ? Is
everyone in the project simply building small fragments ? That's cool too,
just please tell me what the score is.

I'm googling around to find how to get going and I found this :
http://kbroman.org/github_tutorial/pages/fork.html

I find the idea of forking a little drastic. From reading Slashdot, forking
sounds like a divorce :-) Do you confirm that I need to fork and follow the
instructions in that link ?

I enjoy getting involved in open source but I've never broken into the
GitHub scene for the reasons above. Please help me clear that first hurdle
and I'll be ok.

Cheers,

Michael