lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From michael herndon <mhern...@michaelherndon.com>
Subject Re: Lucene.net 4.8.0
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 05:02:22 GMT
I agree having a JIRA ticket for this case is a good idea so we can
reuse it if we feel we need to perform an IP-clearance process.[1]

But do we require tickets for other pull requests?  There is nothing
that would force us to do so.

Force? No. But, given our track record, a github pull request without a
ticket may get missed for months on end. Committers get notified when a
jira ticket is created or an e-mail is sent on the list. Filing a ticket,
even if its a broad one, would most likely guarantee a response.

I don't like the extra steps.. so any ideas on this that would prevent
losing out on community work without extra steps would be very appreciated.

As for the size... its going to be a decent sized diff.  Would they need to
fill out the icla?
http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

-M