lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene.net 4.8.0
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 15:02:17 GMT
On 2014-07-23, michael herndon wrote:

>> But do we require tickets for other pull requests?  There is nothing
>> that would force us to do so.

> Force? No. But, given our track record, a github pull request without a
> ticket may get missed for months on end. Committers get notified when a
> jira ticket is created or an e-mail is sent on the list.

We can get emails for pull requests as well - I even think we already do
but may be wrong.

Anyway, I'm far removed from questioning the desire to have JIRA
tickets, I'm fine with it.  Just wanted to be sure you know it is not
something the ASF burdens us with.

>> I agree having a JIRA ticket for this case is a good idea so we can
>> reuse it if we feel we need to perform an IP-clearance process.[1]

> As for the size... its going to be a decent sized diff.  Would they need to
> fill out the icla?
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

If this was a project undertaken by a bunch of people during their spare
time then a few ICLAs are in order, if it was created on company time of
a shared employer we'd better ask for a software grant by the employer.

Stefan