lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From "Dennis, James Roy" <jrden...@regenstrief.org>
Subject Packaging Lucene Files into an MSI
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 00:29:11 GMT
Hello;

I have an elusive problem where hopefully, someone can provide some guidance.

For several releases, our team has been distributing set of Lucene indexes along with our
application<http://loinc.org/downloads/relma>. These indexes are the basis of our search
functionality. We are very pleased with the results and look to find more uses for Lucene;
however, we have a particular obstacle that requires a resolution.

We distribute our application as an MSI<http://whatis.techtarget.com/fileformat/MSI-Installer-package-Microsoft-Windows>
every 6 months but continuously build on a daily basis. As part of our build, it is necessary
to re-build the Lucene indexes and package those files into the MSI. The problem exists when
the resulting files cannot be predetermined. One day, I may get a resulting file named _01j.cfs
but the next day the file name is _02e.cfs.

What is the recommended way of handling this issue without having to edit code on a daily
basis to ensure that my installer projects have correct file paths?

Your assistance is appreciated!

James Dennis
Systems Engineer II
Regenstrief Institute, Inc.
Health Information and Translational Sciences Bldg. (HITS)
410 West 10th Street, Suite 2000
Indianapolis, IN 46202
317.274.9072

----

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this message and any files transmitted with it may
contain confidential and/or privileged information and are intended solely for the use of
the named addressee(s). Additionally, the information contained herein may have been disclosed
to you from medical records with confidentiality protected by federal and state laws. Federal
regulations and State laws prohibit you from making further disclosure of such information
without the specific written consent of the person to whom the information pertains or as
otherwise permitted by such regulations. A general authorization for the release of medical
or other information is not sufficient for this purpose.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and
delete the original message. Any retention, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
information by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.