lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Tamim Sadikali <Tam...@digiterre.com>
Subject considering Lucene.NET
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 11:47:46 GMT
Hi There,

We at Digiterre are looking to integrate a third-party Search component in our ASP.NET web
forms application, Connect. To that end I have a question about the Lucene.net search engine
library, in particular re. custom filtering of results -

Connect is integrated with our core product, Communica, which is a platform built on top of
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, targeting Hedge Funds and Investment Managers.

Connect's content is created within Communica, and each web page is assigned a 'web role'
- a bespoke security feature determining who can/cannot see a given page:

...in the above, the web page 'Creating Tasks' is assigned the 'Communica' role. Connect and
the Communica platform are integrated via single sign-on (SSO), and thus the only way a Connect
user can see this page is if they too have been assigned the same Communica role:

And so when Tamim Sadikali logs into Connect, the 'Creating Tasks' page is available to him.

I understand that for indexing, Lucene.NET allows documents to have properties that one can
define freely. Presumably we could leverage this feature to enforce filtering of results based
on our web role security model?

I hope someone can advise.

Many thanks in advance,

Tamim Sadikali

Direct: +44 (0) 20 7381 7958
Office: +44 (0) 20 7381 7910

www.digiterre.com

Privileged or confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the
addressee of this message please notify the sender by return and thereafter delete the message,
and you may not use, copy, disclose or rely on the information contained in it. Internet e-mail
may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digiterre
does not accept liability. Whilst we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that this
e-mail and any attachments have been swept for viruses, Digiterre does not accept liability
for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Statements in this message that do not relate
to the business of Digiterre are neither given nor endorsed by the company or its directors.