lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From jcwrequests <jcwreque...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Lucene Backup
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 21:53:01 GMT
Simon thank you for your response.  I put together some code at https://github.com/jcwrequests/Lokad.CQRS.Contrib/blob/master/Lokad.Portable.Lucene/AtomicStorage/FileDocumentReaderWriter.cs
 where I implement what was described in the green paper under the BackUo method.  What I
am confused about is the files that are returned from the snapshot should they only be copied
once and do I always copy the segment.gen files for every back up or only once?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  I will probably try run some tests
that not only back up the files but restore them to another location then see if the index
is functional.

Thanks again,

A Plus,

Jason Wyglendowski

Simon Svensson <sisve@devhost.se> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just registered to retrieve the green paper, and it talks about
>providing a SnapshotDeletionPolicy to the IndexWriter constructor, and
>call SnapshotDeletionPolicy.Snapshot() to retrieve all files used by the
>snapshot.
>
>There should be no problem at all porting the code present in the
>article, except that it's for Lucene 2.3.1. You will probably find some
>changes in casing when porting to Lucene.Net, and if you're using
>Lucene.Net 3.0.3, you may also see some methods being replaced with
>properties. There should be no showstoppers when porting the code.
>
>// Simon
>
>On 2012-12-12 01:06, jcwrequests wrote:
>> I have read the hot backups green paper at http://www.manning.com/hatcher3/ and was
wondering if someone has an implementation using Lucene.net?  Are there anything special with
Lucene.net?