lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Omri Suissa <omri.sui...@diffdoof.com>
Subject How to get all documents that fits a query?
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 16:35:58 GMT
Hi,

I want to enumerate all the documents in the index that fits a specific
query (let's say "cat") and perform a task in my database.

When I search I need to give a collector, my common search method using
TopScoreDocCollector that gets numHits in the Create method.

I don't want to limit the amount to documents (if there is 10M documents I
want to get all 10M results) so I use int.MaxValue but then I get out of
memory exception.

Lucene doesn't support paging so I can't ask X documents every time
starting form document Y (because when I want to get the 20th document I
need to get the first one first).

What can I do?

Thanks,

Omri