lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From "Frank Yu" <frank...@farpoint.com>
Subject RE: out of memory problems.... ?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:06:29 GMT
If the machine is 64-bit, try to build the application in 64-bit.

Thanks,

Frank Yu

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Svensson [mailto:sisve@devhost.se]
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:30 AM
To: user@lucenenet.apache.org
Cc: raanan vissman
Subject: Re: out of memory problems.... ?

Hi,

It sounds like you're running .NET 4.0 and experiencing a known memory leak
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2540745>. However, you state that "not
related to the Systems RAM Memory", which makes me wonder, how do you know
that? Does your application rise in cpu- and memory usage? This could be due
to the leak allocating a lot of memory, and the garbage collection
continuously trying to free it.

I believe that Lucene.Net 2.9.2 has a workaround for this. Are you able to
upgrade?

// Simon