lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Omri Suissa <omri.sui...@diffdoof.com>
Subject Re: Lucene.net Nested Documents support (lucene version 3.4)
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 06:13:00 GMT
Hi Simon,
Thanks for the help.
This is my scenario:
My search application allow users to add manual tags to each document, each
tag have a name, type and permissions.
When searching I would like to have the following options:
1) get all the document that contains specific tag (with any type) that I
have permission to view
2) get all the document that contains specific tag with specific type that
I have permission to view

For example if I have 2 documents:
Doc A with tags:
         X (type 1, permissions: everyone)
         Y (type 1, permissions: User1, User2)
         Z (type 2, permissions: User1)

Doc B with tags:
         X (type 2, permissions: everyone)
         Y (type 4, permissions: everyone)
         Z (type 2, permissions: User1)

I'll be able to find A and B when searching for all documents with tag X,
only A if X with type 1 and non of the if tag Z and i'm User2 (and so
on...).

So nested documents could really help me where each tag is a sub document
(like sql JOIN operation).

What can I do using the current capabilities?

Thank you for the help,
Omri