lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From "Kohlhepp, Justin W (Heritage Holdings (HHI))" <Justin.Kohlh...@thehartford.com>
Subject Adding large amount of documents - when to commit / optimize
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 20:40:21 GMT
Hello,

I have a process that is going to create a new index and populate the
initial data for it which ends up being millions of docs.  To make this
process as efficient (fast) as possible, when should I commit the
writer, and when should I optimize?  Is it better to commit/optimize
once at the end, or am I better off doing it every X documents?

Thanks,

~ Justin

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain
proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete
this communication and destroy all copies.