lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Floyd Wu <floyd...@gmail.com>
Subject [Lucene.Net] How to index/search a file name
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 09:31:21 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have a question that annoying me many times. my situation is that I need
to index file name and need to be searchable using partial file name.

example--> 2009&2010Q2_ABCD_Report.xls (the file name)

When I shot queries

filename:ABCD    no match return.

filename:2010Q2_ABCD     match

filename:Report*    match

I'm using StandardAnalyzer and Lucene.Net version is 2.9.3. Current filename
field is set to tokenized/indexed/store

What I want is when user type any part of file name that lucene.Net can
match.
(string like 2009 or 2010Q2 or ABCD or Report or xls or Report.xls)

Please help on this or kindly direct me a way to solve it.

Floyd