lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From digy digy <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] Faceted Search in Lucene.NET without using the Bits-method
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 12:57:57 GMT
This is a good example of thread hijacking.

These kinds of problems are mostly related to the analyzer used. Try to use
different analyzers like KeywordAnalyzer, WhitespaceAnalyzer(or a custom
one) (Also don't forget to use the same analyzer while indexing and
searching)

If your field is "not analyzed", you can also try to use TermQuery while
searching.

DIGY

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 3:36 PM, K a r n a v <karunakerreddyv@gmail.com>wrote:

> How can we handle special characters like .;: / \?"\<>~`*!@#$%^&-_+={}[]|(
> When I search with hyderabad-india...internally it is removing the char '-'
> and constructing the query like  hyderabad india.
> (Even I've tried with escape char also...but I've failed)
> could you please give me small example to handle special chars while
> searching (and while constructing query) ...
> ...Please help me in this regard.
>

> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 5:56 PM, K a r n a v <karunakerreddyv@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > wow...thx DIGY.. let me chk this ...if it can improve the performance...i
> > will replace my code with OpenBitSitDISI
> >

> > On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 4:31 PM, digy digy <digydigy@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I prepared a sample. Maybe, this can help
> >>
> >> http://people.apache.org/~digy/FacetedSearch.cs
> >>
> >> DIGY
> >>

> >> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:43 AM, K a r n a v <
> karunakerreddyv@gmail.com

> one....
> >> >

> http://demo.wisestepp.com/jobs/JobSearchResults.aspx?am9ibmFtZSxqYXZh-yCfmbUTwmeY%3d

> >> OpenBitSetDISI..please