lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From "Digy" <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [Lucene.Net] Faceted Search in Lucene.NET without using the Bits-method
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 22:08:26 GMT
In case of you don't follow the dev list:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-415
SimleFacetedSearch2.cs + TestSimleFacetedSearch2.cs

DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: Floyd Wu [mailto:floyd.wu@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:40 AM
To: lucene-net-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Lucene.Net] Faceted Search in Lucene.NET without using the
Bits-method

Hi DIGY,

How  can I use your sample to accomplish faceted search just like SOLR
provided.

for example:
  I would like to facet for 3 fields "category" /  "author" / "folder".
  In your example,  only faceted field "cat", should I do the same procedure
three times to accomplish my requirement or do you have better way?

Many thanks

Floyd

2011/5/20 digy digy <digydigy@gmail.com>

>            List<string> categories = new List<string>();
>
>      TermEnum te = reader.Terms(new Term("cat",""));
>      categories.Add(te.Term().Text());
>
>      while (te.Next())
>      {
>          if (te.Term().Field() != "cat") break;
>          categories.Add(te.Term().Text());
>      }
>
> DIGY
>
> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Marco Dissel <marco.dissel@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Thanks digy! Can you extend the sample to show us how you would get the
> > results to be used in a facet User interface, if you don't know the
facet
> > terms in advance, including the number of hits.
> >
> > PseudoCode:
> >
> > Query query = new QueryParser("text", new
> > StandardAnalyzer()).Parse(searchText);
> >
> > IDictionary<string,long> categoryFacets = GetFacets("category", query,
> > numberOfMinimalHits); // only return items with a minimal hitcount.
> >
> > IDictionary<string,long> anotherFieldFacets =
> > GetFacets("anotherfacetfield", query, numberOfMinimalHits);
> >

> > Thanks!
> >

> > On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 1:01 PM, digy digy <digydigy@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I prepared a sample. Maybe, this can help
> > >
> > > http://people.apache.org/~digy/FacetedSearch.cs
> > >
> > > DIGY
> > >

> > > On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:43 AM, K a r n a v <
> karunakerreddyv@gmail.com

> > one....

http://demo.wisestepp.com/jobs/JobSearchResults.aspx?am9ibmFtZSxqYXZh-yCfmbU
TwmeY%3d