lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Anders Lybecker <and...@lybecker.com>
Subject Re: Using Lucene.Net with Windows Azure
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:58:51 GMT
Hi Digy,

In Azure you have Blob Storage or SQL Azure for persistence, no regular file
system.
You could use the Azure CloudDrive aka VHD option, which stores the data in
Blob Storage anyway.

Local file system is not an option, as it is volatile and there is no
guarantee that it will be the same between requests. (Just like an Amazon
EC2 instance, where the state is lost at reboot.)
You got to get your head around the PAAS way of thinking. Evaluate the
advantages and disadvantages.
The article is about choosing a Lucene storage solution in Azure.

I think you have misunderstood Azure, if you think it is all about not
making backup. It’s still required :-)

:-)
Anders Lybecker