lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Shashi Kant <sk...@sloan.mit.edu>
Subject Re: New to Lucene... reccomend any learning resources?
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 13:59:25 GMT
http://www.manning.com/hatcher2/

http://www.manning.com/lam/

Both are highly recommended books. Other than that, you have the
obvious resources of getting your hands dirty and  visiting forums,
and code samples.

HTH,
Shashi

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Mankowski, Chris <cmankowski@nfp.com> wrote:
> I would like to learn Lucene, Hadoop, and Nutch but am coming from a
> pure Microsoft .NET development environment.
>

> Can anyone recommend any training material that was useful to them?
> What is that best way to get started?
>

> Thanks!
>
> Chris

> Notice:  This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail message may contain information
that is confidential, proprietary, privileged, legally privileged and/or exempt from disclosure
under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please accept this as notice
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information contained in this transmission
is strictly prohibited. National Financial Partners Corp. reserves the right, to the extent
and under circumstances permitted by applicable law, to retain, monitor and intercept e-mail
messages to and from its systems.

> Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and do not necessarily
express those of National Financial Partners Corp.  Although this transmission and any attachment
are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system
into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure
that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by NFP, its subsidiaries and affiliates,
as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

> If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately contact the sender by return
e-mail or by telephone at 212-301-4000 and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic
or hard copy format.