lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Shashi Kant <sk...@sloan.mit.edu>
Subject Re: New to Lucene... reccomend any learning resources?
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 14:10:09 GMT
Since you are just starting out, unless you have strong reason to work
with Lucene directly, I suggest you get familiar with Solr instead.
Solr is a search server built using Lucene and removes lots of common
PITAs of Lucene (especially with large scale applications).

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Shashi Kant <skant@sloan.mit.edu> wrote:
> http://www.manning.com/hatcher2/
>
> http://www.manning.com/lam/
>
> Both are highly recommended books. Other than that, you have the
> obvious resources of getting your hands dirty and  visiting forums,
> and code samples.
>

> HTH,
> Shashi
>

> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Mankowski, Chris <cmankowski@nfp.com> wrote:
>> I would like to learn Lucene, Hadoop, and Nutch but am coming from a
>> pure Microsoft .NET development environment.
>>

>> Can anyone recommend any training material that was useful to them?
>> What is that best way to get started?
>>

>> Thanks!
>>
>> Chris

>> Notice:  This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail message may contain
information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged, legally privileged and/or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please accept
this as notice that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information contained
in this transmission is strictly prohibited. National Financial Partners Corp. reserves the
right, to the extent and under circumstances permitted by applicable law, to retain, monitor
and intercept e-mail messages to and from its systems.

>> Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and do not
necessarily express those of National Financial Partners Corp.  Although this transmission
and any attachment are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect
any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by NFP, its subsidiaries
and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

>> If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately contact the sender
by return e-mail or by telephone at 212-301-4000 and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether electronic or hard copy format.