lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Sean Carpenter <stcarpen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Boosting dates
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:23:51 GMT
Rob,
We use the opposite approach and use a lower boost value during
indexing for older documents (which makes newer ones score higher).

When adding the document to the index, you can call Document.SetBoost
(http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_3_1/api/core/org/apache/lucene/document/Document.html#setBoost(float))
to set the overall document's boost factor.  We use a pre-defined
scale based on the age of the document something like: less than 3
months = boost 1, 3 - 6 months = boost 0.8, 6 - 12 months = boost 0.4,
etc.

Sean