lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Franklin Simmons <fsimm...@sccmediaserver.com>
Subject RE: [SPAM] - RE: 40000 segments for index with 2000 documents - Character set not allowed (Cyrillic) (Cyrillic)
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 21:05:16 GMT
It sounds like the documents are marked for deletion but have not been purged.

I believe this will occur when a Reader is open on the index when the documents are deleted,
causing the actual deletion is deferred.  Try closing any open Readers.

-----Original Message-----
From: Некрасов Александр Сергеевич [mailto:nekrasovas@granit.ru]

Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 12:55 PM
To: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [SPAM] - RE: 40000 segments for index with 2000 documents - Character set not allowed
(Cyrillic) (Cyrillic)

I run test, where 100 documents were removed and 100 documents were added (create writer,
remove doc, add doc, close writer: 100 times) and I ended up with an index with 201 files.
Should it really be so? I understand it wrong that if I have mergeFactor = 10 and I've added
100 documents then I should have just 2 segments?

С уважением, Александр Некрасов,

программист отдела разработки ПО

ООО "СОРГ"