lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From "Micky McQuade" <mi...@vintagesoftware.com>
Subject Searching Multiple Fields
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 16:06:54 GMT
Hi, I have the following code that is working:

    Public Function SearchCities(ByVal SearchQuery As String) As
Lucene.Net.Search.Hits
        Dim Analyzer As New Lucene.Net.Analysis.WhitespaceAnalyzer()
        Dim QueryParser As New
Lucene.Net.QueryParsers.QueryParser("contents", Analyzer)
        Dim Query As Lucene.Net.Search.Query = QueryParser.Parse(SearchQuery)

        Return _CitySearcher.Search(Query)
    End Function

It is searching the "contents" field.  Is it possible to have it
search more than one field at the same time without having to run two
different searches.  If I do have to run the searches separate, is
there a way to "merge" the results?

Thanks!
Micky