lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From "Digy" <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Ambiguous name in text's term class (vb.net)
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 19:39:30 GMT
You may be right(since I am not a vb programmer) but libraries like Lucene
must be fully usable from both case-sensitive and case-insensitive
languages.
So, This case sould be handled by Lucene.Net

DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: Gautam Lad [mailto:gautam@rogers.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 10:03 PM
To: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ambiguous name in text's term class (vb.net)

Try putting Square brackets around the variable.

  Eg.

  Dim strTermText As String = Terms.Term().[Text]

Enrique Martínez Zuñiga <enrique@iteso.mx> wrote:
      Hello all,

      I'm having trouble in the code below to get the terms' text due to
ambiguous name in VB.NET (case insensitive). To avoid this behavior I had to
rename all the references of the variable text in term.cs to _text.
      Dim idxReader As IndexReader = IndexReader.Open(strIdxFolder)
    Dim Terms As TermEnum = idxReader.Terms(New Term(strField, ""))
    Dim strTermText As String = Terms.Term().Text
     Can you tell me if there is another way to access this property in
VB.NET?

  Gracias,

  Enrique Martínez Zúñiga
    Analista Programador