lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From "Patrick Ng" <patric...@jobsdb.com>
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:44:36 GMT
Hi,

Our company has been using Lucene.Net.  Our index file size is small
(<200MB), the number of document is small (<100000), and our searching
is very fast (below 200ms).  And we also have a service which updates
(i.e. delete and add) documents in the index once every minute.

What we found out is that whenever there is an update (frequency is 4-7
updates per second, come in burst of duration of 5-10sec once a minute),
the searching time will in many cases increase to >1000ms.  Sometimes it
could go up to 5000ms!  We have already looked through our code but
couldn't find any obvious locking problem.  Please note that we're also
optimizing our index once every 10 minutes.

Would really appreciate if anyone could give us some tips on what we
should look at.

Thanks,
- Patrick