lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From "Rabin Karki" <rabinka...@gmail.com>
Subject Memory usage of Hits Object
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 14:06:38 GMT
I am working with Lucene.Net. I'll possibly have a index of millions of
documents and size in the range of GB.
I want to know is there any limit of Hits object which is returned from a
search? I mean does the size of hits object returned grows with the size of
the index size or the number of results returnec? If yes then in what rate?
Should I worry about my RAM available to accomodate the hits object if the
results are in very large number?
I used a memory profiler to view the memory usage by a hits object and i see
that the memory usage of the hits object is always 48 bytes, no matter how
many results are returned. Am I viewing the wrong part or is it correct?
Thanks,

--
Rabin