lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject RE: Memory leak with sorted searches
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:55:44 GMT
Hi Phil and Michael,

I don't know about that proposed fix you referred to and I don't know if the
known memory leak, during indexing, in Lucene.Net 1.9, 1.9.1 and 2.0 is the
same leak as what you are observing with the sort.

To help me track this down, can you:

1) Try the fix that I found to fix a leak (see my earlier post.)
2) If #1 above doesn't fix your problem, try with .NET 2.0
3) If you are still seeing the problem, can you post an sample working code
which demonstrates the problem?

Regards,

-- George Aroush

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Withington [mailto:philip.withington@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 6:58 PM
To: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Memory leak with sorted searches

I am using .Net 1.1.  I found some proposed fixes to the problem here
http://blog.dotlucene.net/2006/06/lucenenet-19-rc1-build-003.html but would
rather not take the risk of modifying code I do not fully understand.  From
what I understand from reading the lists, the next release of Lucene.Net (
2.0) will initially be geared towards the 1.1 version of the framework so I
wonder if this will fix the problem.

Michael

Sorry if I've misunderstood but are you talking about re-sorting the hits
after you've initially retrieved them ordered by relevance?

Regards

Phil