lucenenet-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas <nicolas.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Leading wildcard in Lucene.Net 1.9?
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:17:56 GMT
As far as I know, PrefixQuery only allows trailing wildcards.
If you intend to do so the solution I've adopted is to index the term in
reverse order on another field.
if you mean to search  *def and you want to match abcdef  just create 2
fields
regularField where you index a term in its natural order that is to say
abcdef
reverseField where you index a term in the refverse order that is to
say fedcba
then you'll have to transform the query regularField:*def  in
reverseField:fed*.
Concerning *abc*, maybe you can investigate RegExpQuery...
Regards,
Nicolas