lucenenet-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Sherbachev <a...@convermax.com.INVALID>
Subject Some FST and Automaton classes are internal
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2017 19:52:52 GMT
Hi !

First of all, thank you for all your hard work on bringing Lucene 4.8 to
live!
We are excited to start using it in a production environment.

One question. As we got used to 4.8 code base, we implemented our own spell
checker and suggester modules based on FST and Automaton classes.
Unfortunately, some members are marked as internal so we can't use the
NuGet package as is.

In particular, these classes are marked as internal:
Lucene.Net.Util.Automaton.BasicAutomata
Lucene.Net.Util.Automaton.BasicOperations
Lucene.Net.Util.Automaton.SpecialOperations
And these properties:
Lucene.Net.Search.Suggest.Analyzing.FSTUtil.Path<T>.Output
Lucene.Net.Util.Fst.FST.Arc<T>.Node

This correlates with
[assembly: InternalsVisibleTo("Lucene.Net.Suggest")] // For Automaton
and few other assemblies marked with InternalsVisibleTo attribute for the
same reason as well.

Could you please expose Automaton and FST classes and properties as public?

Is there a reason to keep them internal, assuming that there might be other
Suggester implementations just like ours?

Regards,
Alex Sherbachev
--
Regards,