lucenenet-dev mailing list archives

From Prescott Nasser <>
Subject RE: Reviving DistributedSearch
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2012 00:28:12 GMT
Hey Zach - thats excellent. If you want to consider it start by creating a jira issue and attaching
your patch.

Well take a look at it for possible inclusion -

Sent from my Windows Phone
From: Zachary Gramana
Sent: 8/17/2012 4:47 PM
Subject: Reviving DistributedSearch

I spent quite a bit of time researching the demise of Lucene.Net.Distributed (now Contrib.Distributed),
primarily looking at SVN tags and the mailing list. I gather that it was only ever a reluctant
feature, which had few users, went unmaintained, and thus was quietly dropped during the transition
from 2.4.0 -> 2.9.1.

I noticed that much of that code remains in src/contribs, so I attempted to restore it back
to its former state. To make a long story short, I have reconstructed solution files, project
files, tests, etc. and have migrated them all forward to use 3.0.3 trunk. It now builds and
(nominally) runs. It does not pass the tests since the Soap formatter does not support generics.

I did not make any modifications beyond those needed for reconstruction and migration. I am
considering migrating this to ServiceStack, or WCF, if there is interest. However, some may
be interested in playing with it as-is. I'd be happy to submit a patch against trunk, but
I'm not sure of the protocol for that (e.g. send it to dev list, private email). The patch
currently weighs in at 344 KB zipped/~3 MB unzipped.

Best Regards,