lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Phill Campbell <SirGilli...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Solr 8.5.1 query timeAllowed exceeded throws exception
Date Tue, 12 May 2020 22:34:23 GMT
Upon examining the Solr source code it appears that it was unable to even make a connection
in the time allowed.
While the error message was a bit confusing, I do understand what it means.

from server at http://10.156.112.50:10001/solr/BTS: java.lang.NullPointerException

> 	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.executeMethod(HttpSolrClient.java:665)
> 	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:265)
> 	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:248)
> 	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.LBSolrClient.doRequest(LBSolrClient.java:368)
> 	at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.LBSolrClient.request(LBSolrClient.java:296)
>

> The timeAllowed is set to 8 seconds. I am using a StopWatch to verify that the round
trip was greater than 8 seconds.

> Documentation states:
>
> timeAllowed Parameter
> This parameter specifies the amount of time, in milliseconds, allowed for a search to
complete. If this time expires before the search is complete, any partial results will be
returned, but values such as numFound, facet counts, and result stats may not be accurate
for the entire result set. In case of expiration, if omitHeader isn’t set to true the response
header contains a special flag called partialResults.